June 10, 2011

Hello.

I'm Jasa. I think we met a long time ago. Here's a picture of the window over my bed.


I think probably the birth of my child brought me back to these Parts. Yesterday, W. Epaminondas Adrastus Blab was brought into my life.


He's speedy quick. I'll get a proper baby photo of him one day. He was for my birthday.

Hey I'm 21 now. Nothing's changed, except that I feel a little lame as an adult because I don't even know how to buy insurance.

There's more seriousness going on then you may realize.

I had another ballet recital. It might have been my last one. This year I was an evening star. Here is a silly phone picture of me trying to sit in the car in my poofy dress. It is probably my favorite outfit ever.


I'll get a proper photo of it one day.

Today I went to the dentist. He poked around in my mouth with this gloved fingers and it was pretty weird. I thought about biting him just to see what would happen. I didn't dislike my dentist. He wasn't hurting me. He wasn't even making me feel like an idiot. I just wondered how everyone would react if I bit one of his fingers.

I didn't.

I do love the dentist. I love the smell and the taste and the freakish sterility and the edge everyone's on for no reason. But today I got my teeth cleaned. And getting my teeth cleaned was one of the worst experiences of my life. I didn't try to bite the fingers of the teeth cleaning lady. I just clenched my hands together so hard I thought my tendons would pop and my eyes twitched with startling vigor and unevenness. I laid there and tried to think of beautiful things like Olivier Theyskens dresses, but I could hardly even remember what a dress was. Truthfully. My mouth still hurts.


I have pincurls setting on my head right now. You may remember that my hair looks something like the child of David Bowie and La Roux. (Though always remember I came first. [Well at least before La Roux, and I didn't know Mr. Bowie's hair till after mine was cut.]) THERE IS A FIREFLY ON MY WINDOW. My head hurts. Having them put in hurt. Sleeping on them is going to hurt. But I am quite certain that all of this pain is going to be worth it when I wake up tomorrow and have an afro mullet.

I'm tired now.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, i missed wishing you a happy birthday! gahh! i am the worst friend! i am sorry! i hope your birthday was lovely and fantastic. and i hope being 21 makes you feel older and wiser. :)

    also i really want to see your hair after it has been in curlers! i hate sleeping on pincurls or curlers. it sucks. hurts so bad. also went to the dentist recently and i think i'm going to get my wisdom teeth pulled. not looking forward to that AT ALL.

    Anyway, i'm avoiding work, but should probably get back to that. heh. hope everything is well!!

    ReplyDelete