July 18, 2009

Monetize.

I was completely taken aback yesterday to find that the ingredients on a bag of Wavy Lays potato chips ("Junk food.") included four things and four things only: potatoes, sunflower oil and/or corn oil and salt. Okay, sort of three. I thought for sure they'd have some awesome stuff like partially hydrogenated oil or something.

Today I was wearing a simple outfit of dark denim cigarette pants and a black funny-necked cotton tank top. And also beautiful little white laced ballet flats. I waited in line at Cookout in this outfit, this simple, casual outfit. Finally it was my turn. I ordered my corn dog and suches and while the man cashier got my change, he said, "So what's the occasion?". I sat there for a moment trying to think, but at a loss, I said, "Is there an occasion?". He said, "Well you're dressed so fancy."

Also today Baby Katie licked my eye.

Then I said, "I normally dress like this." He said "Ah," and said that wasn't a bad thing.

Today I saw a porfolio folder in a store that said on one side, "I'm living the dream." On the other side, it said, "I'm crying on the inside." It was the most dramatic, self-pitying thing I have ever seen, and I wanted to spit on the shoes of the person who carries it. And not shine the shoes after I spit.

Today I bought a small tray for my future life. I believe I will hold candies in it, despite the warning on the back that says it should not be used in direct contact with food. Candy doesn't count.

Here are the things I have for my hope chest:

1. Brushed silver salt and pepper shakers.
2. A doorknob thing that hangs on your wall and looks like an antiquity.
3. Viktor & Rolf Antidote shower gel.
4. A small tray with vintage-looking robin's eggs on it. 

I have my chest picked out. I have not bought it yet.

These are things I need to buy for my hope chest:

1. Scab Dab.
2. A cashmere cable knit sweater Polo blanket.
3. A Magna Doodle. (For my child.*)

*All children need three things in their life:

1. A mother and a father.
2. At least one sibling.
3. A Magna Doodle.

I'm sorry, but this has been proven to be true. Trust me.

Also they need a spanking spoon, but the parents should already know that.

This is the saddest thing. I found a dead Canadian Goose in Bass Lake the other day. I took a picture because I did not know it was dead at first. I thought it was sticking its head in the water looking for fish and playing. But then it never moved. And there were other geese around it guarding it. It was very sad.


Listening to I and Love and You by The Avett Brothers makes me feel very heroic. I am not really certain why. I am starting to get a crush on their voices.

Brandi Carlile promised she would be back to Charlotte for the fall. Well the tour dates are up and Charlotte is not on the list. Luckily Atlanta is, so my friend Chaz is letting me and my sister and mother spend the night at his house the night of the concert. And then we will get up the next day and drive to Tom and Laura's wedding. Tom and Laura are a dream couple.

Sometimes I get very thirsty and very lazy in my room. With no water left, I look pitifully to the two unopened water bottles in the corner of my room. I want to drink them. And then I remember why I cannot. They were once owned by Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward.

You know what's funny? I wrote thirty instead of thirsty. It's a good thing I read over these before I post them. Gee boy.

3 comments:

  1. 1. go get a bag of flavoured chips. you'll find about a million and three ingredients. most of them look scary. so of course they're more fun to eat.

    2. that is hilarious about the outfit and the guy making that comment about how it was dressy. ah man, i get that too.

    3. baby katie sounds like a cutie. it's good thing you don't wear make-up (most of the time) otherwise baby katie would have a taste of mascara. mmmmm.

    4. you make me laugh in the most delightful way.

    5. Viktor & Rolf Antidote shower gel... i must smell this stuff when i come see you!

    6. jasa, thank you for being a redhead. really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3. Yeah, good thing, except I was wearing mascara that day. Hahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you're blogging again. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete