May 25, 2009

Rise up, little sister.

Alicia, I think you would like the song Rise Up by Diane Birch.

I have some exciting news. I am going to have a garden of sorts this summer. My best friend Ariel bought me for my birthday a Carnivorous Plant Starter Kit that included a Pitcher Plant and a Venus Flytrap. Then, my friend gave me a little piece of paper from IKEA. At the bottom was a paperish house. You break up the house into tiny pieces and plant it, and then flowers poof out! Just like that! So I will have Sweet William Pinks, Rocket Larkspur, Candytuft, Baby Blue Eyes, Corn Poppy, Forget-Me-Not, Wallflower, Columbine, Blue Flax, Zinnia, Lemon Mint and Five Spot. I didn't even know flowers with such adorable names existed.

It was then that Richard began to laugh; he couldn't help himself. There was hysteria in there, certainly, but there was also the exhaustion of someone who had managed, somehow, to believe several dozen impossible things in the last twenty-four hours, without ever getting a proper breakfast.

I bought terra cotta pots for these plants today. But alas, I could not find the paints when I got home to paint them with. I met a man at Wal*Mart who was extremely helpful in telling me what kind of soil I should use for my carnivorous plants. I just love it when workers actually know a huge amount of helpful information. So often people are not willing to help and really do not know what they are talking about, but he was quite the opposite. I hope he gets a raise.

I think Forever Stamps are sissy stamps. I just don't like the idea of them at all. The fun in stamps is getting to pick out pictures. It is so exciting to run out of stamps and to go to the Post Office to pick out a new picture. Right? Maybe I am the only one who delights in this. Look at this beauty my Mom gave me. Just look at this thing:

I fell in love with it so much, I could not bear to use it. I put it in a notebook called Weston so that I can keep it forever now. It is my favorite stamp I have ever seen. I surrounded it with paragraphs and paragraphs of praise in Weston.


Whoa. Did you know sheetlets was a word? I am browsing the Post Office store online. I want this. Oh, how FUN.


I cry at the fuzziness. If you look closely, you can see my reflection in the magnets.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Jasa-

    I am so sorry that I missed your birthday. Please forgive me.

    Happy Beleated Birthday!''

    I haven't listened to Diane Birch yet but I will.

    You are so thoughtful and lovely and wonderful in so many ways. I can't wait to meet your future husband. He will be one of the luckiest men in the world.

    Way to go awesome friend.

    Love you,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasa, this is filled with so much awesome i don't even know where to begin. a) gardening rocks and i cannot wait to see all the pretty flowers you will be growing. and i will see them, because i order you to take pictures. b) i need terra cotta (spelling bad, me?) pots too because i think i need to plant some of my herbs in pots rather than in my garden. otherwise they will probably die and i don't want to kill my herbs. herbs like rosemary are precious and you have to be extra careful. c) i am in love with that stamp. i think i want to marry poe stamp. and you are extra awesome because you are cherishing said stamp. i love you, Jasa.

    p.s. WHEN did Lars write that?? it made me laugh and i think i might pee my pants now. he is the best speller i know.

    ReplyDelete